One of the reasons for starting this blog was to document my journey in fitness. Since I haven’t done that yet, I decided today would be my first update.
My lifting goals center around the following four lifts and are as follows:
- Trap Bar Dead-lift – one rep max of 300
- Floor Press – one rep max of 200 (I don’t have a bench yet)
- Bulgarian Split Squat – one rep max of two 52.5 dumbbells plus a 20 lb weighted vest
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press – one rep max of 52.5 lbs (my dumbbells max out at 52.5 lbs)
I started this journey in March and below is my personal best in March and my current personal best.
- Trap Bar Dead-lift – March 230 lbs; Currently 250 lbs
- Floor Press – March 145 lbs; Currently 170 lbs
- Bulgarian Split Squat – March 35 lb dumbbells; Currently 50 lb dumbbells
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press – March 40 lb dumbbells; Currently 50 lb dumbbells
Since I have been doing predominantly body-weight training for the last 10+ years I am pleased with my progress so far. I know I have a long way to go to reach my goals but feel confident I will get there by next May.